W E L C O M E ! ! !

This is an interactive site, so please leave your comments and share some of your thoughts also...

April 16, 2008

Magtanim Kapatid!!!

With the looming rice crisis in our country (beloved Philippines)  I think it's about time we go back to basic..Start planting in your backyard...I was lucky that I was raised on a farm by my parents together with my 4 siblings and we were thought the importance of planting...I still remember my grandpa asking me to watch over the rice he and some of his friends  planted in our lot... If you want to cook veggies you don't have to go to the market, just get out of the door and pick some tomatoes and beans and you're good to go...Oh and how can I forget the halamang gamot that my mom and my grandma used to plant in our backyard that helped cure some of our sickness like headache, stomach ache and even diarrhea..

Like the following:

Miyana - good for headache
Suab Kabayo -  can't remember :)
Sulasi - Balisawsaw
Sambong - Sakit sa bato (Tatay ko ata umiinom nito)
Gummamela - pigsa
Dahon ng Bayabas - Diarrhea 

Hmmm I think it's about time that we go back to planting, even if you don't have a huge space, you can do it using vases or paso...
Look at this photo, some ppl  really find ways to make it happen...

Kamatis sa paso...





















No comments:

Post a Comment